Healthy meals for picky 5 year old!

• Last Post 14 January 2019
Alaysia posted this 14 January 2019

my daughter doesn't like to eat meat much. She loves flavor and spices. She's in gymnastics so I am trying to stay healthy for the most part or find healthy alternates for things.

any suggestions on dinner meals that are fun, easy, healthy?  

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Veronica posted this 29 January 2019

High protein foods and veggies.  Have you tried quesdaillas - my kids love those and you can tuck all kinds of stuff into them to help get more nutrients in their diet.  Smoothies are a great way to do this too. 

Megan posted this 29 January 2019

Consider avoiding Go Gurt due to carrageenan. My boys could live off of quesadillas.  We like chicken, cheese and ranch, bacon takes it over the top. You can roll up bananas and peanut butter in a tortilla and slice them.

go-gurts, carrot sticks, quesadillas, beef jerky, pb & j. 

Ally posted this 28 January 2019

go-gurts, carrot sticks, quesadillas, beef jerky, pb & j. 

Ashley posted this 28 January 2019

String cheese, turkey pepperonis (mine is a HUGE fan), breakfast for dinner is a huge hit at our house. 

Megan posted this 27 January 2019

Meatballs or little barbecue sausages? Those have lots of flavor. Also string cheese. Cottage cheese and fruit. My nephew likes a few different foods in bite sizes divided into a muffin tin. Then it will feel more like snacking and she can try several new things at one time.

Kayleigh posted this 16 January 2019

You could try making fun shapes/designs out of food.  There are plenty of ideas for this on pinterest 

Joanne posted this 16 January 2019

My kids are fairly good eaters...but they have gone through picky phases. While I think it’s great to find foods they like, I also think it’s important to try to keep trying to get them to eat healthy foods that they don’t necessarily like. Over time, I think food preferences are learned. I always try to reintroduce foods that I want them to eat.

Faith posted this 14 January 2019

If he likes flavor and spices and doesn't like meat, maybe look into some Indian recipes! 

Amanda posted this 14 January 2019

If he's not a huge fan of meat you could always try some vegetarian recipes.  There are so many options for protein other than meat now a days.  You said he loves flavor and spices so I would say he's doing pretty good as most kids would prefer bland food! 

Close