Gestational diabetes

• Last Post 12 February 2019
Hannah posted this 12 February 2019

Hi guys, I see some people asked some questions about gestational diabetes so I decided to start a thread on it. I'm new here I hope we learn one or two things from this. If you have suggestions and contributions please share

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Priya posted this 01 December 2019

I've been asked to do the glucose test 2 times. The one hour levels were high, and the 3 hour- one of the reading was high. Apparently this makes my case borderline. How to be careful? do i just assume i have GD and follow a diet?

Michelle posted this 18 February 2019

Thanks for all the info!

Jane posted this 17 February 2019

Thank you Hannah for gathering all of this information and sharing it with us. I will be completing my glucose test soon and I hope everything turns out well. 

Ashley posted this 14 February 2019

Lots of good information here! 

Olivia posted this 14 February 2019

Keep a positive mindset I'm sure you're going to be fine

I have heard horrible stories about the glucose test I have to take at 28 weeks. Not looking forward to it!.  Our baby is measuring larger than normal so I am worried I have GD.

• Liked by
  • Rachel
  • Lily
Cathy posted this 14 February 2019

I have heard horrible stories about the glucose test I have to take at 28 weeks. Not looking forward to it!.  Our baby is measuring larger than normal so I am worried I have GD.

Carie posted this 14 February 2019

I don't want this, I don't want to miss out on being able to eat anything I want, ice creams!!

• Liked by
  • Olivia
Megan posted this 14 February 2019

This condition is common among PCOS patients, I'm sure with the help of a nutritionist, your family and friends, you'd come out fine if you find yourself in that condition

Aneez posted this 14 February 2019

God this is a nightmare . Ladies please eat healthy.i failed my 1 hr glucose test. I had to come back fast the next day & drink one of those awful drinks for 3 hours. 🤦🏽‍♀Just imagine fasting and all you can have is that nasty drink eww

Susan posted this 14 February 2019

Wow this is really enlightening, thank you

B posted this 12 February 2019

I agree! It’s important to eat healthy & exercise frequently during pregnant.

From these I think if we watch our glucose intake and exercise more during pregnancy, gestational diabetes shouldn't be our problem

• Liked by
  • Hannah
  • Carie
Hannah posted this 12 February 2019

From these I think if we watch our glucose intake and exercise more during pregnancy, gestational diabetes shouldn't be our problem

Close