Baby led weaning

• Last Post 05 November 2019
Gabbie posted this 05 November 2019

Do you plan to do it with your baby? 

For those that have done it in the past, how did it work for you?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Sam posted this 05 November 2019

I've been doing a lot of research on this and leaning towards doing a combination of purees and BLW but I'm not quite sure yet. Baby isn't quite old enough yet so I still have time to continue researching myself.

Jessica posted this 05 November 2019

I did purees around 6 months and then moved to small pieces of soft food around 8 months.  I am on my third baby now, though, and I may not do as much of the purees since I'm a little busier

Paula posted this 30 January 2020

I did BLW with my second.  He decided lol.  I always had him at the table with us when we were eating and when he started trying to grab food, I started giving him all the usual stuff avocado, banana etc

Carmen posted this 30 January 2020

So our ped kinda of recommended it but I had been looking into it. My daughter at 4 months already started showing interest in everything we were eating. We ultimately did a combo of purees and then BLW. She loves to eat and be independent its a struggle to let Mommy or Daddy feed her. Now the downside is good luck to having your own food because most BLW insist on eating your food. But biggest thing is your baby will dictate the route and if you want to try it talk to your ped and research goes a long way.

Close